Find out what grants you can apply for to get funding for training and IT improvements if your business completes customs declarations.
HMRC have announced that businesses can apply for 2 grants to help your business complete customs declarations, in preparation for the UK leaving the EU.
Businesses can apply to get funding for:
- training that helps your business to complete customs declarations and processes
- IT improvements to help your business complete customs declarations more efficiently
The funding can be used to reimburse what your business has spent on relevant IT improvements and training since 31 July 2019, as well as in the future.
Who can apply
The business must:
- be established in, or have a branch in the UK when the grant is paid to you
- not have previously failed to meet its tax obligations – we’ll check our records to decide if we can offer your business a grant
Businesses can apply for just one of the grants, or both.
To apply for the training grant, your business must either:
- complete customs declarations for yourself or someone else (or intend to in the future)
- import from, or export to the EU and complete customs declarations (or intend to complete customs declarations in the future
IT improvements grant
To apply for the IT improvements grant, your business must:
- currently complete customs declarations for importers and exporters
- have 250 employees or fewer
- have an annual turnover of less than €50 million
Businesses have until 31 January 2020 to apply.