Local businesses are encouraged to enter Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce’s annual business Awards, launched this month, sponsored by Sanlam.
The Awards ceremony is one of the highlights in the business events calendar which celebrates the achievements of local businesses. This year, the glittering event will once again take place at the Worcester Arena on Thursday 15 June. Businesses can now enter the Awards in one or more categories. With 11 categories available to enter, there is at least one suitable for every business:
- Best use of Technology – sponsored by TechTeam
- Education and Business Partnership
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by University of Worcester
- Excellence in Customer Service – sponsored by Handelsbanken
- Excellence in Innovation – sponsored by Central Technology Belt
- Excellence in Professional Services – sponsored by EBC Group
- Exporter of the Year – sponsored by Malvern Instruments
- High Growth Business of the Year – sponsored by Hewett Recruitment
- Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by QinetiQ
- Most Promising New Business – sponsored by mfg Solicitors LLP
- Small Business of the Year – sponsored by Orchard Valley Foods Limited
Entering the Awards is free to Members and Non-members of the Chamber and is a simple process. Once completed, applications will be judged and shortlisted. All finalists will be invited to the Awards ceremony on Thursday 15 June. There are numerous benefits to entering the Awards: winning an Award is great way to raise your profile, boost staff morale and make your business more competitive. Winners and finalists will also benefit from networking on the night of the event, as well as the invaluable PR opportunities that follow. Some categories provide the opportunity for businesses to be entered into the national British Chambers of Commerce Awards.
Winners from Herefordshire and Worcestershire have previously continued to win their category for the West Midlands and the UK, achieving regional and national recognition. Kingspan Insulation won the Excellence in Innovation Award in 2016 and continued to win the overall Award for Business of the Year. Richard Burnley, Managing Director Insulation – Britain & Ireland, said: “I am delighted that our team’s hard work and innovation has been recognised by winning the Excellence in Innovation Award. It was a further boost to be voted Business of the Year 2016 by the Chamber of Commerce. The trophies are pride of place in our reception area. It’s always pleasing when the hard work of the people within your company is recognised by industry peers.”
Entries for the Awards close at 4.00pm on Friday 31 March.