Web Site accessibility Features
We offer the following accessibility features on our site:
- ‘Skip to Content’
At the top of every page is a link that is spoken by screen-reading software and will appear when ‘tabbed to’ using a keyboard. It is the first link and, when selected, will skip past the rest of the menu items and commence at the beginning of the main page content.
Headings and navigation menus
HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles etc.
Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists. This ensures that the number of links in the list is read out at the start and it can be skipped easily. We also provide consistent navigation.
- Browse Aloud is a computer program that reads aloud all website content including PDF and MS Word documents
- NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) is a free and open source screen reader for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Providing feedback via synthetic speech and Braille, it enables blind or vision impaired people to access computers running Windows for no more cost than a sighted person.
- Free site translation with Google Translate or Yahoo Babelfish
Accessibility and usability of our site
This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Whilst Worcestershire.Business.Central. strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are aware that some of our existing forms and pdf files are not fully accessible.
We are also aware that some internal applications and externally hosted systems do not comply with accessibility and usability standards. We are planning to make changes to our hosted applications and send recommendations to our third party suppliers to address the current issues.
Parts of our site that currently are not fully accessible – exceptions
The following parts of the site are not level Double-A compliant.
On our website
Some of our own web applications need improving and we are working through these. Some are old software that we cannot easily change.
- Geographical Information Mapping (GIS)
- Alterian forms
- Expand and collapsible areas at the bottom of the page
- Video controls
From external websites
Some parts of this site link to or use content provided by other websites and these are not always as accessible as our site. Examples of these are:
- Video from YouTube
- Share button from Add This
- Facebook widgets
Get in touch
Call our team today on
01905 677 888