The Enterprising Worcestershire Grant Fund offers grants from £1,000 up to a maximum of £15,000, providing 40% of the total cost of a project (60% provided by the SME).
You could use this to invest in new equipment, have a website built or purchase consultancy advice, whatever will help to develop your business in the early years.
The scheme will enable SME’s to establish and grow whilst making a positive contribution to the Worcestershire economy and employment rates across the County by creating more sustainable SME’s. Building on the success of the previous program, the maximum grant fund has been considerably increased allowing SME’s to make a much more significant investment.
To qualify your business must be
- situated in and trading from Worcestershire
- an SME as defined by the EU i.e.
- employ fewer than 250 employees
- have a turnover of less than the equivalent of 50 million Euros per annum
- have or an annual balance sheet of less than 43 million Euro
- trade predominantly business to business i.e. a minimum of 70% B2B
- meet EU De Minimis criteria i.e. have not received 200,000 euros of state aid over 3 years
- Trading for less than 36 months at the point of application
- Organisations must be able to provide evidence of the availability of funding for the project (60% provided by SME)
The next Funding Call will open in Summer 2021, so please get in touch to be added to our list – and we will contact you to announce the call opening.
How to find out more
Please email EW@worcestershire.gov.uk for more information
Want to find out more about start-up support?
Call our team today on
01905 677 888