The aim of the scheme is to support new Malvern Hills district based businesses. The scheme will encourage the occupation of vacant commercial premises, help regenerate town centres, stimulate entrepreneurship, create new jobs, and enhance the sustainability of new businesses.
New businesses can apply for a grant of up to £500, or up to £750 if they are moving into business premises that are liable to business rates. The grant must be match-funded, pound for pound (at least), from the business’s own resources. Only capital expenditure on an approved project/investment is eligible.
- The scheme is open to new businesses that have started trading within 12 months of the date the application is received by Malvern Hills District Council.
- The business must be located within Malvern Hills district.
- The full grant amount of up to £750 is only available to businesses moving into business premises that are liable to business rates (the applicant must be the Proprietor or Lessee of the premises and be liable for the premises business rates). Businesses that are not moving into business rated premises can apply for a grant of up to £500.
- The applicant must have received business start up advice from a business start up adviser / mentor that has been approved by the scheme.
- The applicant must have a business plan that has been agreed by an approved business start up adviser / mentor.
- The applicant must have all the necessary permissions and licenses to operate the business.
- The business must create employment of more than 30 hours per week for the applicant unless there is a valid reason for not doing so (e.g. the applicant is physically unable to work 30 hours a week).
- The applicant must not have any other outstanding debts payable to Malvern Hills District Council.
For more information and details of how apply please contact the team on 01905 677 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.